My life is beyond hectic right now. I’m currently balancing three jobs, this blog, exercising, socialising AND chill time. Nonetheless, I’m having a lot of fun and it’s filling me with huge amounts of motivation – I just can’t afford to spend as much time blogging as I was, not until I’m settled into my new routine and can find the best times to blog, blog, blog. It’s going to happen though, I’m determined to make this into my creative little space.
Originally, I wrote down facts about me which was actually really hard? I have to
nnes of facts about me but, thinking of them on the spot is near enough impossible. Instead, I’ve decided to tell you about some of my core beliefs. Grab some armbands cause this is gon’ get deep.
1. I believe that people who are intentionally mean to someone are just projecting their insecurities outwards – Even if they themselves don’t realise they’re doing it. Think about it, it’s okay to tell someone why they’ve upset you etc… But, the bullies that call people “fat” “ugly” and a wide range of other things, are obviously missing something within themselves to want to hurt someone for no apparent reason. I don’t know if I’m explaining this very well but putting a different spin on it – When you are at your most happiest and confident, you would never go out of your way to hurt someone (hopefully). This is why the saying “Hurt people, hurt people” rings so true.
2. I believe that what you put out into the universe, you get back. I know that sounds REALLY spiritual and it is a bit but, hear me out. If you spend 24 hours of your day being negative about life and talking about how you can’t achieve anything blah blah blah, the likely hood is that you won’t achieve that thing that you have no confidence in. However, if you’re constantly being positive and thinking “I can do this”, “I will do this” – There is a much higher chance of positive things happening to you. I guess it’s like karma.
3. I believe that everyone is entitled to do what they want AS LONG AS it’s not hurting everyone. This is why it really grinds my gears (haha) when people are criticised for how they dress or how they talk but the fact of the matter is, there’s far more bad people out there, like murders and terrorists and paedophiles. So, so what if someone’s slept with loads of people? Really, what is the problem if no one has been hurt in the process? What’s wrong with someone choosing to be vegan to better the planet? What’s wrong with someone being a hard worker and being happy with a basic job rather than something extravagant? We are way too judgemental as a race, we all truly need to chill out and let people do their thing.
4. I believe that it’s important to spend time by yourself, like SO important. Spending time with yourself helps you to build up a sense of personal identity. It helps you develop a love for yourself like no other as well as tremendous amounts of self-worth and respect. These are things that we ALL need because, at the end of the day, every person you meet isn’t going to be a good person. Some people are going to treat you badly and you need self-respect to know that what they’re doing is wrong. Please, never underestimate the importance of spending time by yourself.
5. If somebody doesn’t want to be in your life – Fine, let them go. This is something that’s very important to me. Why waste time on a person that doesn’t care about you? As soon as someone tells you that they don’t want you in their life, accept it (no matter how hard it is) and let them walk away. I’m telling you from experience, these people are life suckers and they will only tear you down. Please, don’t beg for someone to stay when you can close the door and throw away the key.
6. I believe it’s important to not be judgemental. Okay, we’re all human and sometimes you judge without even realising but, when you do that – Make sure you pull yourself up on it. You never actually know who a person is – Just because they wear all black clothes does not mean they listen to heavy metal vice versa; just because a girl wears pretty sundresses does not mean she’s obsessed with Ed Sheeran. Hahah, I don’t even know if I’m making sense with those examples (it’s early in the morning) The point I’m trying to make, is that you will gain so much more from life if you allow yourself to be open minded and not jump to assumptions. Just try it.
I have a lot more beliefs and thoughts on so much stuff but, I think it’d be interesting to make this into a monthly thing, what do you think? Shall I do a part two?
Thank you so much for reading, I really do appreciate it. At the moment I’m writing one post per week but my aim for the end of the year is to get to two posts per week. If you have any suggestions for post ideas, I would love to hear about them in the comments so let me know and I will try and do them J